A One Day Influencing Training Course
On this one day influencing training course we explore how to influence and motivate people in different arenas and with different personality types.
Our learned patterns of behaviour may or may not suit us as our circumstances change in the wider world and in our working lives. We know that we can’t change other people but we can change our own behaviour to create a different effect.
This course gives participants an awareness of the influencing styles they already use and how effective their current patterns are. Then we explore the meaning of emotional intelligence and provide practical tools and techniques to support different choices in the way they motivate, influence, and persuade others.
Influencing Skills Learning Outcomes
On our Influencing Skills Training Course you will:
- Gain an understanding and awareness of emotional intelligence
- Understand how to influence people to achieve a different outcome
- Learn how to flex your attitude to influence others
- Gain an understanding of what motivates you and others
- Explore different ways in which people receive information
- Gain strategies for handling conflict effectively and conflict resolution
- Learn how to use language, metaphor, and storytelling to influence
- Understand the basis of networking and using spheres of influence
- Learn how to get key messages across clearly and concisely
Some of the exercises we may include on our Influencing Skills Training Course are:
- Emotional Intelligence
- Theory in Influencing Skills Training
- Practicing Influencing Skills
- Who are you?
- Tapping into Values
- Choosing your Impact to Influence
- Who are they?
- Influencing Different Personality Styles
- Motivating Individuals and Groups
- Acknowledging their View of the World
- Creating Empathy
- Left and Right Brain Approaches to Influencing Skills
- Learning the Language of Influencing Skills
- Mirroring Behaviours
- Using Storytelling as part of Influencing Skills Training
- Conflict and Conflict Resolution
- Active Listening
- Networking Theory as part of Influencing Skills Training
- Key Messages
Influencing is an important skill in itself or within the context of wider leadership development training. Taking the time and energy to be self-aware and to clearly understand the needs of others can enable us to motivate, influence, and persuade people to a new or different way of thinking both up and down the line.