All our courses are available delivered live online with our expert facilitators
A One Day Influencing & Communication Skills Training Course
On this one day course we explore how to flex your individual communication style to influence and motivate people in different arenas and with different personality types.
Communication can and often does go wrong, in so many ways.
Fortunately, a little understanding of the communication dynamic can help you to have the impact you want.
We all have patterns of behaviour around communication and influencing that may or may not suit all people or circumstances. We can’t change other people, but we can change our own behaviour to create a different impact.
On our public course we aim to give participants an awareness of the communication dynamic and the influencing styles they already use, exploring how effective their current patterns are in different circumstances. We unpick emotional intelligence and provide practical tools and techniques to support different choices in communicating, motivating, influencing, and persuading others.
Building on current and time honoured theory, we demonstrate how to improve your interpersonal skills and increase your ability to communicate effectively.
Influencing & Communication Skills Learning Outcomes
On our Influencing & Communication Skills Training Course you will:
- Gain an understanding and awareness of emotional intelligence
- Explore the communication dynamic
- Learn how to:
Deal with assumptions
Handle different personality styles
- Understand, and know how to apply, different theories of influencing
- Understand how to get key messages across clearly and concisely
- Learn how to change your attitude to change the impact you have
- Learn what motivates you and others
- Gain strategies for mediating and handling conflict effectively
Some of the exercises we may include on our Influencing & Communication Skills Training Course are:
- Emotional Intelligence
- The Communication Dynamic
- Active Listening
- The Theory of Influencing
- Influencing in Practice
- Your Personal Communication & Influencing Style
- Tapping into Values
- Changing Your Impact
- Influencing Different Personality Styles
- Motivating Individuals and Groups
- Acknowledging their View of the World
- Creating Rapport and Empathy
- The Language of Influencing
- Managing Conflict
- Key Messages
Influencing is an important skill in itself or within the context of wider leadership development training. Taking the time and energy to be self-aware and to clearly understand the needs of others can enable us to motivate, influence, and persuade people to a new or different way of thinking both up and down the line.