All our courses are available delivered live online with our expert facilitators
Dealing with tricky performance issues can fill people with dread and it can sometimes be very difficult for managers to find a way to motivate their staff. Meanwhile, appraisals are often seen as nothing more than a tick box exercise.
When all is going well it can seem easy but when the going gets tough it can call on the very best communication skills to handle problems as they arise.
This course takes an in-depth look at how coaching and structured feedback can support day to day performance management. We examine how to plan and deliver effective and worthwhile appraisals so that managers can develop their staff and get the very best out of the unique individuals on their teams.
Many people managers struggle with giving feedback on performance. This course covers all aspects of people management from the setting of objectives, through to coaching and giving feedback (both good and bad), to how to conduct an effective appraisal meeting with appropriate follow up.
Coaching for High Performance Training Course
As a result of attending this coaching for high performance training course you will:
- Understand what the whole performance management process is trying to achieve
- Understand how to use day to day performance management to build teams, create commitment and increase motivation
- Learn and practice how to use a coaching approach to develop people and address issues
- Be able to give feedback, both positive and negative, and maintain positive working relationships
- Gain increased confidence in preparing for appraisal meetings
- Understand the scope of appraisal meetings and how to conduct them effectively
- Know how to follow up on appraisals
- Know how to set expectations/targets and evaluate performance
- Gain increased confidence in your people management skills
Here are some exercises we may include in our coaching for high performance training course:
- What is Performance Management and why do it?
- Principles of Performance Management
- Communicating Clearly
- How to use a Coaching Model
- Coaching in Practice
- Giving Effective Feedback in Performance Management
- Understanding and Preparing the Appraisal Process
- Running an Effective Appraisal Meeting
- Setting Expectations/Targets, Evaluation
- Shaping Performance Improvement Plans
- Recognising Success
- Stepping Up the Pressure
- Choosing Your Impact
- Dealing with Difficult Situations
To book an in-house course please contact us today.
If you’re looking for a more comprehensive course in Line Management check out our two day public line management training courses.